7 great blogs/websites about Erlang
From the beginning of my adventures with it, I bought books and asked people with more experience to teach me how to use Erlang in the right way, but many times I found the solutions to my problems just surfing the Internet and subscribing to blogs. Believe me, the world is plenty of great people that knows Erlang and share their experience with the others.Today I will introduce you 7 of my favourites blogs/websites about Erlang, I guess you will already know some of them, but probably you will not know them all! I know that a couple of this blogs/websites have not been updated for a while, but they can give you anyhow good insights on Erlang, so if you feel that this can help you just keep on reading!
Indexing the knowledge
So here we are! I will introduce you know 7 links to useful Erlang resources on the web. I will write also a short description on what the provide in it. Notice that the order of the links is totally random!
- http://spawnlink.com/: this is one of Mitchell Hashimoto’s blogs. Mitchell will introduce you OTP behaviours with a series of posts about a bank system written in Erlang, starting from gen_server to versions management.
- http://learnyousomeerlang.com/ : a great website! Doesn’t matter if you are a novice or an expert in Erlang, I think you should really explore this on-line guide to Erlang.
- http://metajack.wordpress.com/ : did you like my posts about XMPP and Erlang? Well, then you will like Jack Moffitt’s blog. Jack provides a lot of examples about the behaviour gen_mod, in order to extend ejabberd’s features.
- http://yarivsblog.com/ : if you know Erlang, you MUST know Yariv Sadan! He is my favourite Erlang guru. In his blog you will find a lot of stuff, including some Erlang projects he made.
- http://armstrongonsoftware.blogspot.com/ : I told you that Yariv Sadan is famous, well Joe Armstrong is even more! He is one of the guys who started the Erlang project! I think you must pay a visit to his blog.
- http://erlcode.wordpress.com/ : this is a rather new blog, started by Gianfranco Alongi, where you can find stuff specially on EUnit Testing.
- http://trapexit.org/ : the Erlang community site. Plenty of news and weblogs related to Erlang/OTP provides also forums where you can discuss projects, issues and ideas with other Erlang developers. Many how-to are also available.
I would like to highlight as well erlang-italia.org a website for Italian Developers.
Keep on reading guys!